The Nervous System:JOB: Collecting, transferring and processing information with brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and nerve endings.
- The Musculoskeletal System: JOB: Muscle movement as well as structural support and protection with bones, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
- The Immune System: JOB: Protect against disease by identifying and killing pathogens and tumor cells.
- The Lymphatic System: JOB: defending against disease-causing agents with leukocytes, tonsils, adenoids, thymus, and spleen.
- The Gastrointestinal (digestive ) System: JOB: digestion and processing food with salivary glands, esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas, intestines, rectum, and anus.
- The Endocrine System: JOB: communication within the body using hormones made by endocrine glands such as the hypothalamus, pituitary or pituitary gland, pineal body or pineal gland, thyroid, parathyroids, and adrenals or adrenal glands.
- The Respiratory System:JOB: Organs used for breathing, the pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs, and diaphragm.
- Circulatory System: JOB: pumping blood to and from the body and lungs with the heart.
- The Reproductive System:JOB: The sex organs for reproductive purposes.
- Integumentary System: JOB: Promotes skin, hair and nails.
This list of systems are all very important for our well being; therefore we should try and make it a priority to understand them. In having such an understanding, these systems will better help us in alternative treatments for illnesses and ailments. It will also make it easier to pinpoint systematic weakness and imbalances. God -Willing, you will conclusively be able to prevent disease from creeping in and ruining your quality of life.