:There are a few precautions that you can take to help you avoid parasites:
- Do not eat raw beef… Beef contains tape worms and other parasites.
- Do not eat raw fish such as sushi. Uncooked Fish is highly infested with parasites.
- Wash your hands after handling raw meat or fish (Including shrimp).
- Use a separate cutting board for meat. Spores from meats can seep through the cutting board and contaminate veggies.
- Wash your utensils after cutting meats.
- Wash fruit and vegetables thoroughly… Especially salad items.
- Do not drink from streams or rivers.
- Wash your hands after coming from the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after working in the garden.
- When traveling…Do not drink the water, drink bottled water.
- Start taking herbs or other preventative medications a couple of weeks before going on the trip and continue them while you are traveling.
- Do not sleep with your pets, they harbor worms and other parasites. (Dogs have certain enzymes in their saliva that helps kill certain organism on them and have healing effects for them, but these can carry disease for humans. In understanding this… (a) Do not let them lick your face (b) Do not let them eat off your dishes (c) Do not walk bare foot around animals (d) De-worm pet regularly (e) keep their sleep areas clean.
Use Vinegar to wash fresh fruit and veggies or
Use a few drops of grapefruit seed extract to one gallon of water, soak for 15-20 mins. Then wash again in fresh water.